Redeeming your retail card / Activating your subscription:
- Open a web browser and go to the link (URL) on your retail card.
- Select your country and language from the drop-down menu.
NOTE: While the registration page tries to select your region correctly, it might make an incorrect selection. Please confirm the information.
- Carefully enter the registration number from your retail card.
- Type your email address and click Submit.
- Ensure your email address is correct, and then click Verify.
NOTE: If your email address is incorrect, click Edit to return to the previous screen, correct your email address, and then click Verify to continue.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to create a McAfee account and install LiveSafe. If you need help with the installation, see Download and installation instructions of McAfee LiveSafe.
- If you see the messages web page does not exist or invalid product key:
- Check the registration number for data entry errors.
- Change the URL to http://www.mcafee.com/activate and try again.
- If you see the message We’re sorry, but we’re having technical difficulties at this time. Please try again later:
- Check the Country selection box above the registration number on the activation page. Ensure that you choose the correct country and language for your region.